Saturday, June 8, 2013

Created by God


 
This is my latest creation project that I am working on. It is going to be a portrait of my youngest son Blake that I have mentioned in previous posts.
 
 
I love my kids and I love to create things for them. Be it pictures, toys, or story adventures I love to create things for my kids.
 
My oldest son Clark is really into Ninja Turtles and super hero action figures. His birthday was fast approaching so I created him a "Sewer Den" for his ninja Turtles!
 
 
 
 
I found myself going "Back to the laboratory" to create for him a custom Adventurer crate motif play set for his Indiana Jones and G.I.Joe figures!
 
 

I needed a custom DVD shelf for my Superman Themed "Man Cave" so I decided to design and create a custom light up shelf for just such an occasion.



 
It is the word "created" that caught my attention as I have been reading Genesis 1:1 and it is that word that captured me.


“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” ~Genesis 1:1

God created.

Everywhere you look around, you cannot help but see the creativity of God.

 
Reuben Garret Lucius Goldberg was an American cartoonist who received a 1948 Pulitzer Prize for his political cartooning. He is best known for his series of popular cartoons depicting Rube Goldberg machines, complex devices that perform simple tasks in indirect, convoluted ways. The Reuben Award of the National Cartoonists Society is named in his honor. In addition, there are several contests around the world known as Rube Goldberg contests which challenge high school students to make a complex machine to perform a simple task.


A Rube Goldberg machine is an extremely complicated apparatus that performs a very simple, easy task in an indirect and convoluted way. Some examples of his machines have an anticipation factor, as the machine makes slow but steady progress toward its goal.

Remember the game "Mousetrap"? Same principle as a Rube Goldberg invention contest.
 
To see these contests is amazing. The contestants have a very different look about them, as if you can tell that they know so much more than the average person who is in attendance. They live to create and they create with the intention to display creativity to the world.

They say that when Michelangelo was a younger man he found a large block of marble that was going to be destroyed. He claimed the block for his own, had it taken to his workshop, and for two years he would take time to sit in front of that block. One of his students asked him one day, “Sir, why do you sit and stare at that piece of marble?”

 
He responded, “I am creating and this (Piece) of marble will be my greatest creation.”

He carved and chiseled from that block the statue of David.

 
When I stop to think about how complex and intricate all that God has created…I am in awesome wonder of his greatness. Everything he has created has so much detail. People spend their whole life trying to replicate the look of one of his sunsets. They die trying to put into words the picture of a rolling landscape, or a majestic mountain.

God created those with the spoken word. The thought, design, and purpose all brought into harmony in the words… “Let there be…”

I love to watch the discovery channel, and see all the beauty that my God created. How scientists will go to great pains to discover what God thought up. A defense mechanism of a small insect or the mineral properties of a rock planted miles below the surface of the earth. Those were designed by God. He is so much more than a magic genie, or a fire escape, or an adjective to describe how angry we can get.

No…you are talking about the most creative mind that ever was, and that ever will be.

 
When I run into a financial wall of Jericho, an emotional giant, a red sea of parenthood,  a famine of faith,  a blind circumstance, or the death of a dream. Take a deep breath and remember that we have a very creative God!

When I was growing up, my family went to a little country church in star city, Indiana. The pastor of that church was Lionel Young SR. He was a big man from Texas with a booming rich voice. I was too young to catch the points in the messages and my attention span at the time did not allow me to remember a word from the sermons he delivered, but I have never forgotten his love, and his tears that would come when he would just break out into a song that he would sing mid-way through a message.

 
Got any rivers you think are uncross able,
Got any mountains you cannot tunnel through?

God specializes in things seemed impossible,
He has a thousand ways to make a way for you!

When mankind fell into separation from God, He revealed one of His most powerful creations He ever designed...Grace. The creativity, and the passion could never be equaled with an earth filled with Michelangelo’s’ or Rube Goldberg’s.
 
"Thank you Lord for creating me, for creating salvation, and for creating heaven where I can live with you forever!"

Every morning is a chance for us to see, if we will take the time to look, at the most brilliant display of creativity the world will ever be blessed enough to see.
 
 
Climbing with you,
~Dan
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Wow! Never thought about it before...i'm a custom made one-of-a-kind daughter of Christ! I am so thankful for God's creativity. What would the world be like w/o it?!?

    ReplyDelete