Wednesday, June 5, 2013

I Was Here From The Start


On Monday I posted from the passage found in Genesis 1:1 and the post was entitled, "What's next".
 
I found something very beautiful within this passage that spoke to my heart and the more I meditated on the words in the passage, the more gold seemed to come from within it. I would like to look at another angle that I found here.
 
“In the beginning, God created the heaven and the earth.” ~Genesis 1:1

In this passage I found something that truly took my breath away. It is three words that I have memorized from Sunday School and have known but I had never took the time to meditate on what I had memorized.
 
In the beginning

Revelation 4:11 gives us the purpose of our creation...To give pleasure to God.  That is the purpose, if we need a reason to justify the purpose, it can be found in Genesis 1:1

I am pulling air because God was there to give it, God was there to create. Yes, from the very beginning, he was there.

This is also a tremendous encouragement to me to know that when I wonder if God can see my struggles, and I wonder if God knows what I am going through, if he sees the pathway ahead of me, he was there from the start.

 

Sam Walton was on a tour of one of his many stores, when he came upon a new associate who was stocking shelves. The stock boy was frustrated with why a certain item had to be stocked the way it was. Sam overheard the complaints and made his way towards the new employee. Now Sam Walton had the habit of dropping by his stores unannounced and this boy did not know who Sam Walton was. Sam asked the boy, “Are you having trouble with this son?”
 
The boy began to unload his frustrations on this, at the moment, unknown older man. He ended his huff with the statement, “I just don’t see why it has to be done this way.”

Sam smiled and said in his easy going slow draw… “Well son, let me explain to you why we do things the way we do at my store…you see I was there from the beginning.”

We may not understand his reasoning, or the big picture on his direction in the steps that he has ordered for us, but we can trust him because he was there from the beginning.

This thought brings the words found in Psalms 25 brilliantly to life!

"All the paths of the LORD are mercy and truth unto such as keep his covenant and his testimonies." ~Psalms 25:10
 
Then the psalmist goes on to say:

What man is he that feareth the LORD? him shall He teach in the way that He shall choose." ~Psalms 25:12

God has the ability to teach me His path for me!
 
If you ever wonder if God really knows what he is doing with his children stop just a minute to read the first four words of Genesis. Then listen…listen very carefully and you will hear it.
 
“Well my child, let me explain to you why I do the things I do in your life, why I do the things I do in the lives of others. I am qualified to deserve your trust….you see I was there from the beginning.


 
Our spiritual beginning starts with God. We were Spiritually dead, and our new life was given to us the minute we trusted Him (Jesus's substitution on the cross) as our only hope for heaven. Like a little newborn baby, the moment we opened our spiritual eyes, and drew our first spiritual breath of air into our lungs, the first thing we discover in this new world of spiritual awakening is that we are in his arms. Safe, and secure in Him. The first thing we see,” In the beginning…GOD!”

 What better way to start your day, than the recognition of God? David, who had a very deep and personal relationship with God, revealed his secret for that partnership with the Lord that he possessed. “Early in the morning will I seek thee” In the very beginning of my day…God!

The key to the heart of David is revealed by God in the fifth chapter of Psalms and the third verse. David says, “My voice shalt thou hear in the morning, O Lord; in the morning will I direct my prayer unto thee, and will look up.”

I do not have near the awareness of the closeness of God tin my life hat I want to have, and each day it is a goal that I set before me. After reading Psalms 5:3 I condensed it down to a simple prayer that I give to my God every morning.

 
“When I wake up, before I get up, help me to look up, for the strength to take up the cross so that I may follow you.”
 
 

It is a request to the only one who can help me perform the action that I am now asking him to do, “God, fix my focus.” At the beginning of the day, let me see you.

Every day, a picture of the resurrection; every day a new start to remind us of our salvation; every day a new beginning; every day a chance to meet with God in the beginning!

I need to praise him for being there from the beginning!!!


Climbing with you,
~Dan






No comments:

Post a Comment