Monday, October 21, 2013

Daddy's Hand



There are five unique senses that God designed us to utilize to experience His creation and the life that He has given us.

Sight, Hearing, Smell, taste and touch.

Most of us are fortunate enough to be able to experience life with each of these five senses to some degree or another, and when I say fortunate I do mean blessed in every sense of the word.

This is itself is a massive privilege!!!

I think that every one of us has a time when those senses are invaded that forever will imprint a memory in our minds that associate that sense with a certain moment in time.

A taste. A smell. A sound. A touch. A sight.

We were at a military air museum in Pensacola Florida a few weeks ago and the kids were in awe of every thing in sight.

I was too because I did not feel as though I had enough time to take in all of the restored military aircraft and read every fact that was meticulously displayed. That was when my sense of touch was impacted forever.

My hand was by my side when I felt him put his hand in mine. His chubby little fingers gently squeezed my palm and I hear him say in his broken little words... "Daddy?"


I looked down into his blue eyes and I was gone. The sense of touch, sight, and hearing were forever imprinted with the presence of my son.

I reached down and scooped him up into my arms and just breathed him in. Holding him close I kissed him and told him that I loved him with everything that I was and that I was so proud to be his daddy.

I do not think that he will ever remember that "moment" but I will forever remember it. because all five of my senses were imprinted in that "moment".

His hand pressing into mine ignited my sense of touch and his words speaking my name inflamed my sense of hearing. Looking down into his eyes looking into mine stirred my sense of sight and pulling him into my arms and kissing him allowed me to smell his skin and his hair.

This was my child and I was his father.

We have a Father.
 
"For ye have not received the spirit of bondage again to fear; but ye have received the Spirit of adoption, whereby we cry, Abba, Father." ~Romans 8:15 

I want my kids to behave well and make the right decisions in their life, but there is absolutely nothing that I need them to do for me with the exception for just receiving my love for them.


Father is very much like that to us. He longs to teach me about Him, and His creation and He longs to feel my hand in His and to hear me call His name. Daddy. He patiently uses everything in my environment to lead me to an understanding of who He is and how much He loves me.

It is all about a relationship with Him that is what He created us for. He longs to scoop me up in His arms and hold me close. He smells me and in that smell He inhales the aroma that hits His nostrils and it is sweet to Him because it is the aroma of Jesus of within whom I live, and He loves that aroma. He drinks it in!

The senses of God are stirred by us looking up and saying, "Daddy!"

It is in this knowledge that we live. It is not a license to just live the way we want to. It is a freedom of invitation to truly see Him as He desires to be seen by us. His anger and wrath was poured out on the cross and it was carried for us. It is only reserved for those who refuse Him in an eternity of the absolute absence of Him. He is not angry with you. He is not a distant removed Dad who is mostly mad or sad with you and the ways that you fail Him. He is your Daddy!

Today...

Take Him for who He is. Look up and place your hand in His and just speak His name through your broken words of a speech that seems far from adequate.

"Daddy!"


Then feel Him scoop you up close and feel as He draws His breath and understand that this is Him breathing you in. The relationship is yours to enjoy!




"And because ye are sons, God hath sent forth the Spirit of his Son into your hearts, crying, Abba, Father." ~Galatians 4:6 

Take advantage of what you have to its fullest today.

It has been paid for, you are His and He is yours. Do not struggle against His love by trying to be worthy of it.

While you were actively sinning, Christ died for you. There is nothing that you can do to merit His adoption of you.

Enjoy it! Open up your heart to Father today and just receive His love for you! He will teach you and yes, chastening (Instruction) will come in that relationship, but know over every there thing that He made you valuable to Him. He is jealous for you and He wants you more than you could ever hope to want Him.

Engage His senses today while you are able to. I can promise you, the results of knowing who you are to Him will always produce a knowledge of what He is to you!

Climbing with you,
~Dan

No comments:

Post a Comment