Monday, October 14, 2013

"Called out from Within"


I love this video for several reasons, but I think I would like to give you the main reason this was a video that I had to share with you this morning.

What I watched was a piano sitting by itself.

It had potential packed into it but untouched it remained just another potential packed paper weight.

May I just say that every single one of us are just as full of potential as that lone piano. You may not understand that and you may even resist that but the fact of your potential being within you is absolutely true!!!

I want to say something here that you may have a hard time believing, so I want you to read it TWICE and I want you to read it SLOWLY.

YOU ARE STRONG AND YOU ARE POWERFUL AND YOU ARE PACKED FULL OF POTENTIAL!!!

"For we are his workmanship, created in Christ Jesus unto good works, which God hath before ordained that we should walk in them." ~Ephesians 2:10

We read this passage and we miss two words that stand out boldly to me as I read. "WE" and "HIS".

God does not, nor will He ever make junk. You are NOT junk! You are in fact HIS workmanship. What we need more than a "Feel good" speech is the Holy Spirit of God to have the freedom to lead us into the truth of how the Father sees us!

"Thou hast made known to me the ways of life; thou shalt make me full of joy with thy countenance." ~Acts 2:28 
We tend to sit like that piano until Father brings just the right people along to help us bring out the "sounds" that we are capable of making.



They are notes of potential and as I saw the first person come to the piano and begin bringing out a sound I thought of my parents.

They are not perfect but God used them to begin pulling out of me "Notes" and "sounds" that would forever fill the rooms that God has placed me in. They plucked on my heart, will, and mind with godly principles and teaching that forever shaped me. If you have ever been blessed or encouraged by one word written on this blog, I need to direct your attention to a father who worked tirelessly and a mother who gave without limits to instill in their son a love and desire for Father.

Then I noticed as the one person was pulling out sounds from the piano others began to come along at just the right time in the music and they each began to take their place in various places of that piano and in their own way, they began to also pull sounds from that piano

"Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend."               ~Proverbs 27:17

As I watch these "friends" pull out sounds of potential from this piano I have to just stop and thank God for every single person that He has brought into my life that helped me produce a sound. Some sounds revealed strings that needed tightened or repaired and others revealed that what I thought was a sound produced only by a certain motion could be magnified by another motion. My life's potential is brought out by the friends that He brings my way.




The word friend use here is the same word as: Brother, Companion, Fellow, Husband, Lover, Neighbor.

The truth is, a friend is anyone He brings into our life that reveals in us the ability to make a more magnificent sound to Father.

Please note the wording used here. "Iron sharpeneth Iron". The word  "Sharpeneth" means to "Make Sharp, to Strike". Not every friend God brings will come in the form of a good friend. Some of those friends strike us, but it is in the striking that we are driven to discover THE BALM, Jesus Christ!

This past week I received a message on Face book that for some odd reason was sent to me one year ago and it did not deliver to me until just last week.
As I read the message I discovered that it was full of some of the most hateful poison I had ever received in a written form. It was from a pastor that I used to work with in the church.
Talk about mixed emotions. I was filled with joy because Father held that message until I had reached a place of healing from a wounding experience, yet at the same time, as I read the words and I was filled with sadness for the individual who had written the hate filled words about me and my wife and my children. They were in a place where they were trying to tell others about a God that they did not truly know.
I asked Father to help him. This person truly was a tone and a  hand that Father had used to strike me very hard when they were close enough to the piano to add their tone to mine and it was necessary! I am in that man's debt because he was used in spite of himself to add a sound to my life that exalts Father even more!

Father used that man to help me truly meet Him. I knew about God, but I did not truly know Him before that meeting ever took place nearly four years ago. I did a lot of things in Father's name, but I never knew truly Him. Where would I be without that harshness to drive me to Him?


The last thing I noticed about the video was that as these "Friends" were busy pulling sounds out of the piano, they were adding their own voice to the voice of the piano.

Each person had a different tone and it was as individual to them as the movements that they added to the pianos potential.



 I sit at the piano of potential and begin to pull from it what I know I am able to pull and I ask Father to bring into my life those who can add their own skill in order to produce the best possible sound available!

To those of you who pull sound from me and have pulled sound from me, I thank you and I praise Father for bringing you to my piano!
 
You are beautiful!

This little video is an amazing visual reminder about how Father brings people into your life to add to and pull out things that He placed within you. He placed potential within you to produce a sound that is unique and all your own.

You express Him!

Let Him pull that expression and sound out of you today!!!

He is waiting to hear your potential and He has placed sound pullers all around you. Don't fight them. Allow them to do what Father brought them to you to do in the first place.
 
"Make a joyful noise unto the LORD..." ~Psalms 100:1

"Let us come before his presence with thanksgiving, and make a joyful noise unto him with psalms." ~Psalms 95:2

A joyful noise is the ultimate result and desire that Father gives us the potential to produce.

He waits. He listens, and if you stop the business long enough to hear the still small voice, you will here Him say, " I cannot wait to hear your voice!"

I cannot wait to hear your voice!


Climbing with you,
~Dan



1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Dan. I'll highlight this on the Christian Poets & Writers blog - http://christianpoetsandwriters.blogspot.com. God bless.

    ReplyDelete