Friday, May 2, 2014

Listening to the Wind



"And they heard the voice of the Lord God walking in the garden in the cool of the day: and Adam and his wife hid themselves from the presence of the Lord God amongst the trees of the garden." ~Genesis 1:3

In Genesis, the Bible say that God spoke with Adam in the cool of the day and walked with him and I can remember that I would wonder as a boy what that must have looked like.

I used to picture a big guy walking with a little man, kind of like those old kibbles and bits commercials. You remember the commercials with  the big bull dog and little dog (If your old enough to remember those).
 
I was reading this passage recently and decided to really look at that picture and what I found was absolutely AMAZING!!!

The word “voice was taken from the word that we use as “Wind". It is the same wording that was used in the book of Acts to describe the "Mighty rushing WIND".

Think about that for just a minute.

God’s voice in the garden was the wind and how big is that?
 
How much area does the wind occupy? A 5 x 5 block of space?

No!

His voice literally swept across the garden. It touched every inch of tree bark and rustled every leaf. It caressed every blade of grass and flower and it stirred every hair follicle on Adam’s body.
 
God’s voice, when He spoke, touched every single thing that He created!!!

A few mornings ago I was running some errands outside of the building where I work when I heard the most annoying chirping sound coming from the tree above me.
 
A tremendous rainstorm had just swept through our area and nothing was moving outside except for this little bird. It was just him by himself and i searched through the trees with my eyes until I could see him.
 
There he was.

A little grey bird.
 
Sitting there soaking wet and singing his heart out.

 He was singing so loud and strong that it was almost annoying yet he was so small.

I am not Dr. Doolittle and I do not talk to the animals, but my spirit told me that he was talking to and praising his creator.
 
"Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord." ~Psalm 150:6

" The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork.
Day unto day uttereth speech, and night unto night sheweth knowledge. There is no speech nor language, where their voice is not heard. Their line is gone out through all the earth, and their words to the end of the world." ~ Psalms 19:1-4a


I took this video and when I played it back I saw something in the background that I did not know I was also catching on camera.

The trees behind him.

They were moving with the wind and all of the sudden I got goose bumps because I realized that I was eavesdropping on a conversation between the creation and his Creator. (If you missed it when you watched it the first time, please go back and watch it again because it is cooler than cool!)

Today, or sometime this weekend I want to encourage you to step outside and be aware.

Close your eyes and just feel Him. He is speaking and He longs so much for us to just listen.

"Are not two sparrows sold for a farthing? and one of them shall not fall on the ground without your Father. But the very hairs of your head are all numbered. ear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows." ~Matthew 10:29-31

I guess what came to my mind was that God saw this little bird, and that He values me and my insignificant and, even fickle at times, praise even more!!!


They say that the majority of the world is asleep and the small percentage of people that are truly awake live their life in total amazement!

Take advantage of His voice and every opportunity that He provides to hear Him!

 
Climbing with you,
~Dan

Themanandthewall.blogspot.com                                            Themanandthewall.tumblr.com

1 comment: